- Is it best to give children the passage to learn as an assignment for the next class?
- Should the passage be memorized in class?
- Should repetition be used on a class level?
- How and how often should review be conducted?
- What is the best way to test the children’s memorization of the passage?
Some of the things we have incorporated into our daily lessons is
study first thing in the morning - this not only starts your day off right, but gets you thinking about God first thing in the morning
study last thing at night
Write the verse on a notecard or two and put them in a place you look often (light switch, mirror, wallet)
Use a dry erase marker on a mirror
On the first day of the month spend 1 minute studying. On the second day of the month, 2 minutes. On the 5th day of the month, spend 5 minutes studying. This goes on for the entire month.
Have someone hold you accountable. If no one knows you are even trying, no one can help and encourage you.