Interesting Pages You should look at

Friday, April 25, 2014

Dog-sicles

I have big dogs.  One is an Akita.  He has a LOT of fur.  Summer time in Houston is miserable for him.  We adopted him, otherwise I think it is unfair to have a dog like that this far south.  He loves ice cream.  Problem is, I know dairy is not good for dogs, neither is sugar.  We also know that all three of the dogs like popsicles.  Who doesn't like popsicles when it's 100 degrees outside?

We bought some 'sugar-free' popsicles on sale at Kroger - but I don't particularly like buying that kind of stuff.  For $1.00 for a box of 24 - I'm sold!  Then I had a great idea for the dogs....







After boiling a chicken (or any meat) save the juice.

Put that juice in a popsicle mold (ice cube tray)

Instant puppy treat.  They love it!   I even left a few pieces of meat in there for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment