3 cups ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound ground beef
1 (48 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
12 cooked lasagna noodles
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the noodles according to the box.
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and eggs.
- Cook beef in saucepan until browned. Pour off fat. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture in each of 2 2-quart shallow baking dishes. Top each with 2 lasagna noodles and 1 cup ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top each with 2 lasagna noodles, remaining beef mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes.
This freezes great! I quadrupled the recipe to have a few on hand for busy nights or to bless a friend.
If cooking from frozen, it will take an hour or more to cook
UPDATE - try using no bake noodles! Makes the entire process easier and faster!
UPDATE 2 - I used regular noodles, but didn't boil them - that worked too!