Interesting Pages You should look at

Monday, February 17, 2014

Fridge clean up

I hate cleaning.  I want my house to be clean, but I don't want to work hard all day to keep it that way.  It's not always tidy (we DO home school after all), but I want it to be clean.  One of the hardest places to keep clean is the fridge.  I clean it out before every large shopping trip.

After cooking with egg white only, I saved the yolks in a plastic container.  Apparently the plastic container had a hole in it. 


I didn't notice the spilled egg yolk, of course, until it was dried on.  For several days.



I didn't have time to scrub.  I don't like to scrub.  I have issues with grip in my hands and with 3 kids, I don't want to take a bunch of time to clean.

Solution:  Let it soak.

Take a washrag/paper towel/sponge and get it really wet.  I covered the entire spill with the wet wash rag and walked away.



Somewhere between 30-60 minutes later - I can't keep up with how long it was - I came back and quickly wiped up the mess.  No elbow grease required.


I wiped down the other 2 shelves, threw out the 'science experiments,' empty condiment bottles (why are they even in there!?) and re-organized the shelves.

In order to keepthat from happening again (I usually do this, don't know why it wasn't done last time....) I line the shelves with paper towels.  That way when a spill happens I already have paper towels on hand.  I have also heard of people using press and stick.  I have also used towels.


Either way, I like lining the shelves.  There is always a mess of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment