Interesting Pages You should look at

Thursday, January 2, 2014

It won't kill you, but I it will keep me from getting upset

Why is it that there is typically only one person in the house trained, and licensed to change the toilet paper roll?  I know that in the the years that we have lived here I have rearranged the house -a lot. There are some things that just haven't moved!

The refrigerator
The pantry
The washer
The upstairs bathroom
The dryer
The kitchen sink
The dishwasher
Where the extra bath supplies (shampoo, body soap, toothpaste) are
The cleaning supplies
The extra sheets
The attic
Where the extra toilet paper is

Anything else has probably moved at least once.

When I clean the bathroom I make sure there are 3 rolls accessible. The (half) used one,  and 2 new ones. One of the new rolls goes on the tp holder, with the old roll sitting on top. The second New El gotta on the back of the potty. No excuse to not be able to find a roll at 3am.

I will be honest, I do not clean the kids bath often. That's their job. I tell them what to do and let them be responsible for it. This way they can see 1) what happens if they don't listen 2) what happens if they don't learn how to clean up after themselves.

Only my Bear cares enough to fully clean and restock the bathroom every time is her turn (someone is assigned to this room daily). 

I, however, take care of the guest and master bath. I know we just got back from a week long vacation and I didn't clean the master bath last night, but really?   No tp when mom gets up at 4 am? At all? Not on the roll. Nor on the back of the commode. Not even in the cabinet above the John.

Cleaning the guest bath is always the first room cleaned when I start on cleaning. Why?   Because it is for guests. And because it is actually the most used bathroom in the house. (And the only one with a toilet that doesn't clog every 6 th flush.)  I cleaned this loo as soon as I got in (right after starting a load of laundry and vacuuming the floor). 

I guess I should have stated in the Master bath yesterday. Back to my point. So, my dog sitter used up most of the tp that was left out we left. No biggie. I didn't hire him to clean the house,  just take care of my 4 legged kids. So why is out the whoever (hubby! ) used the last of the available till didn't even think to pull out even one New roll?

I would love to be able to take the hard cardboard roll out and leave a loving reminder. That way,  maybe I won't be searching in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment