Interesting Pages You should look at

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Morning to do list

How do you keep the house clean(ish), get everyone up and ready on time, and make sure everyone takes turns feeding the dogs?  You write it all down.


I love lists.  If it is written down, that's one less thing in my head.  There are days when my head is spinning!  I cannot keep up with whose turn it is to feed the dog or even who cleaned the kitchen yesterday.  So I came up with this:


It has been a life saver.  It looks like a lot of stuff to do in the morning.  Look closely.  The very first thing you are supposed to do: wake up.  The next thing: brush your teeth.  There are only 1-2 jobs assigned every day.  Nothing hard, just 'it's your turn' type of jobs.

I was very specific on what was to be done.  I even listed "get your Bible and water bottle" for Sunday mornings.  

Not every home will need to be this specific, but it helps out a lot around here.

If you would like a copy of this (made in excel) email me.  I haven't figured out how to attach a template yet (or a link to a template).  It is totally customize-able.  I even made one for myself, and had 3 pre-made for 'just in case' we got kids who were old enough to handle a list like this.  So far Little M has her own.  She is 7 and wants to help out.  Why not remind her what to do every morning.  

We have been using this list for over two years now.  Every once in a while (usually when the page needs to be reprinted) I will change things up and switch jobs around.  Most of the routine is the same.  I know that Sundays and Mondays are extra busy mornings, that why the jobs are the easiest on those days.  I know that Fridays are our easiest day - so the jobs may be a little bigger.

This chart is a constant work-in-progress.  Even though this one has been in  use for several months, you can see a scratch out.  I refuse to reprint for a single mistake.  Our lives are constantly changing - so we pencil in the changes and reprint when it's too messy to read.  

Give it a try.  It works for 4 out of 5 of my children.  

I am currently working on a list - with all photos - for my non-reader.  I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment