Interesting Pages You should look at

Friday, July 18, 2014

Pizza bread

I love a good deal.  Who doesn't?  When I am at the grocery store I typically look at the clearance section for what ever I can find.  A gallon of chocolate milk for .75 cents?  Sure!  The expiration date is tomorrow?  No problem.  My kids drink 4-6 gallons a week, I just won't say no to this gallon :)  They love that!  Sometimes I buy meat, cook it, then freeze it.  Its a great excuse to do some freezer cooking.  (Click here to learn how to freezer cook).  I know bread can go into the freezer, I have done it before.  However, this time I didn't want to do that.

I had bought this baguette at Kroger.  It was good, but we only ate half.  By the second day I had to find a way to get everyone to eat the remainder, or it would be compost by morning.

My plan - pizza.

I don't know a kid that doesn't love pizza.  Certainly none of mine!

I already had a ball of mozzarella, , pepperoni (always!) and spaghetti sauce.






Simply slice the bread into thin slices and spread spaghetti sauce on the sliced bread.




Top with cheese and pepperoni (and any other toppings you want!)  Bake at 300 until the cheese is melty.  Everything is already fully cooked, so you are really just melting the cheese and heating the other ingredients.  You could even skip this step in a rush.



This was the last batch - no more pepperoni, but the kids loved it with just cheese.



This was a super cheap, really easy, and kid friendly dinner.  The bread didn't cost more than .50 cents, the spaghetti sauce had been on clearance as well.  If I had used a less expensive cheese it would have cost even less.  However, I had purchased the 'good' cheese for another recipe, sometimes the 'good' stuff just tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment