Interesting Pages You should look at

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Puffy pancakes

Puff pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts.  When we have a sleep over, this is my go-to.  However, I have noticed that there are often children that look at my pan and get a confused look on their face.  Their look says "what is that?"  "am I supposed to eat that?" "is that edible?"

My solution - individual portions.  Maybe they are freezable this way as well (there are never left overs, so I have no idea.

Ingredients:  

6 Eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a muffin tin with silicone cups (your pancakes will come out MUCH easier with silicone than paper, or even greasing the tin).
Put eggs, milk, and four in blender and mix until smooth.  Fill each muffin cup about half way with mix.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Top with pie filling or syrup.  This is the best syrup ever.




 I love using my Ninja to mix up this batter.  The clean up is easy, and the mixing only takes a few second.


It  took a while to sell me on silicone liners, now I won't use anything else!  They are easy to clean and easy to use.  Hardly anything sticks to them so I don't loose half my cupcakes to the liner!






Do not overfill your muffin cups.  You see how much these puff.  I just took these out of the oven, I didn't move or touch them.  It is so fun to see them move and 'dance' in the oven :)




While cherry pie filling is a favorite of many of our guests, my kids prefer homemade syrup.







No comments:

Post a Comment