Interesting Pages You should look at

Monday, March 24, 2014

Adventures in Adoption - We're finally licensed!

Yeah!  After many, many months of waiting, praying, and almost giving up - we are finally here.  I know this is just the beginning, but it is a step in the right direction.

Today started as a normal Monday.  We got up and went to co-op.  Mondays aren't the most exciting day, but it is a full day that we enjoy.  I leave at noon (my teaching commitment is just for the first three hours) to grade papers, send class emails, take care of grandma.....  All those fun mommy things.

I get home and open my email to send my weekly class email.  What do I see?  I see an email from our case worker.  The subject line simply said RE: Arrow.  I didn't think anything about it.  I get lots of emails from Ms. Case Worker.  Then I opened it....

Congratulations your home is open.   I will need to set a home visit appointment to complete licensure documents. Please give me a couple of date and times when you guys will be available.


Yeah!  I wanted to cry!  I realize that it doesn't mean a lot to some people, but it was the first big milestone in a while.  What now?  After a few emails back and forth Ms. Case Worker will be here in a few days.  

All in God's timing.  I pray everyday for the children he is preparing us for.  I pray that we will be ready and that until the proper time, they are safe and well cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment