Interesting Pages You should look at

Friday, November 29, 2013

Chore Chart

I have come to the conclusion that my house will never be fully "settled".  Why? Because I have children.

When we moved into this place 17 months ago, my husband and I said that we didn't want to move again for many years (we move about every 18-24 months).  For the last year we have been trying to sign on this place so that we can own it and do work to it to personalize it and make this our home.  In the last 17 months we have had 3 birthday parties, one Christmas party, one housewarming party, bought 2 new beds, rearranged bedrooms once, switched the playroom and classroom, and are currently in the process of adopting.  To top it off, this week I had an exterminator come and had to empty out the kitchen and bathrooms.  Since this had to be done I figured that would be a great time to start spring cleaning!  Every time I think I am done moving things around, it's time to move something else.  God has a funny sense of humor :)

In order to keep things somewhat tidy and in order I have created this chore sheet to help keep the kids on track.  This is filled out daily (laminated and marked with dry erase markers) and then when chores have been 'mom approved' they are submitted to my job chart so they can earn their allowance, tv time, etc...

I am also working on detailed job cards to instruct the kids on EXACTLY what to do when they clean their room, mop the floor, etc.  That will be in a later post

1 comment: