Interesting Pages You should look at

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Health Tracker

I really don't like when I take one of the kids to the doctor and she asks, "How long has this been going on?"  I don't know!  I don't take a daily inventory of my children's health unless they specify that something is wrong.  On those busy days I may not get to ask how they slept or how they feel today.  We home school, but that doesn't mean that I see everything that is going on with their health.  Unfortunately, when you see someone every single day you miss some of the little things.

Occasionally, when I watch the news or Dr. Oz, I will see how important it is to watch closely for little signs that can help prevent something big.  So, that lead me to create a daily health log.  Everyone of us is supposed to fill this out every morning and every night.

One side is only for 3 days, so it fills up quickly.  I recommend printing this double sided.  With my son's asthma, I am able to have a place for his daily lung capacity tests, meds, and even the pollen count and what we did so I know his triggers.

I have this in excel, so if you want a copy, email me.

This has really big a big help.  The kids fill it out and when they are sick enough to take to the doc, I just grab my little note book and take it along.  This way the doc can see what their diet is like, how they have been sleeping and how they felt up to bringing them in!

Update - We still use this (almost) daily, but for other records I found these 2 great websites.  It will be a HUGE help in keeping track of my mom and grandmas info - for some odd reason I cant remember every date of every surgery for my 3 kids, hubby, myself AND mom and gma....



No comments:

Post a Comment